Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sorting with Rossi today

Had a great day sorting with my filly Rossi today - this was my first time to ride her around cows and she really behaved well for me!  I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there as she was all nervous energy and attitude, but as soon as I stepped into the saddle, she settled down and worked really well.

I wasn't sure what to expect from her, so I didn't originally plan on taking her in with the cows, but she settled so quickly I decided to give it a shot.  She really seemed to enjoy herself, no fear of the cows whatsoever.  In fact, she started tracking them fairly quickly.  No shennanigans in the pen or even outside waiting.

She was fascinated by the small white/black goat they had in a small pen by the arena.  It was digging a hole and rolling around on its back and she just wasn't sure what he was or what he was doing.  She kept an eye on him with interest, but never spooked or acted afraid.

Starting to think this mare is one-in-a-million.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment